Anyways, as part of our training. Jonathan wants us to practice being outdoors more. Which is fine. I love hiking. Love being outdoors (as long as I can use a real toilet and not the back woods to pee). We decided after the fun mini hike around Will Rogers that we would try another hike out. The only request Jonathan had was that it be more shaded. After looking online for some ideas, I decided on Solstice Canyon Trail.
The trail is situated in the Santa Monica Mountains just off the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu. There are all kinds of interesting ruins from houses that were burned in past forest fires. At the end of the trail there is a small waterfall and relaxing collection of rocky pools.
Noah really enjoyed getting to hike this one. His favorite part was getting to cross the streams by jumping over big stones. He loved checking out the ruins. Although he didn't quite understand that they were left from devastating fires. I found that part of the trail kind of sad, but still pretty interesting. This is definitely a hike we would try again in the future. Since it's still hot out here it's a hike that should be done early or in the morning because by noon it was kind of miserable for the kids. An overcast day would be perfect. A lot of hikers brought lunches and ate near the waterfalls. It was a little too crowded by noon so I am glad we decided to go grab lunch after the hike. Olive enjoyed riding around in the backpack, but I know when she's bigger she will like this hike too. Over all a fun outing and we cannot wait to go back!
0 comments:
Post a Comment