Anyways, I decided that I want to start running 5k races and doing more activities that encourage me to keep up with my goals of getting into shape. About a month ago, I saw an advertisement for The Night Color Run and decided that would be a great way to involve our entire family in my new activity.
I fully expected that we would walk the entire race since our jogging stroller is a single and Jonathan does not really run. I was wrong. I rigged our stroller (not the safest thing but worked for us) with an aftermarket stand and ride board and we were jogging and running for more than half of the 5k.
Noah absolutely LOVED the entire event. The idea of glow-in-the-dark paint being thrown at him was so incredibly exciting. Olive and Jonathan managed to get barely anything on them. I made sure that Noah and I took most of the paint whenever we would pass through a color station. The run route took us through and around a few of the stadiums in the area. One of them was an ice rink. Everything was dark and lit with black lights. Made for a neat atmosphere. I would suggest this type of "fun run" for someone wanting to get into 5ks or trying to share their running with family or friends. It's great for groups and all experience levels. Lots of people just walked the race. We got through it in less than 40 minutes which I would say is good considering we had a jerry-rigged ride-along thing and we had not really prepared for running.
It was a lot of fun and a great family memory.
I was not sure you stil kept up with the blog! What a lovely surprise this morning to see that you do. I love these pics!!
ReplyDelete