Monday, August 24, 2015

Dear my sweet 4 year old

Today would have likely been your first day of prekindergarten.

I think about all of your firsts that we have missed a lot. First days of school are no different. 

I wish we were walking you to your first day of school today. Packing your lunch that daddy made for you. Combing and smoothing your hair just so. Wish we were dressing you in your back to school clothes. Looking for your missing shoe (always right before we head out the door). Wish I was crying because of how "grown up" you seem.  Wish I was the first face you would see when the bell rings at the end of the day. Wish you were talking my ears off all the way home about all the exciting things you did at school. I'm really really missing all these things.  I'm really missing you. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Designed with love by BDD