Tuesday, July 07, 2015

interviewing a three year old: six

 

This boy has been doing a lot of growing recently.  Growing physically... Growing emotionally... Growing spiritually.  I can hardly take it! I feel really proud of him in so many ways, but I am seriously exhausted by all this, you know, growth.

I tried interviewing him a few times, but he really is not interested in mommy asking him any questions.  He would much rather me ask him questions.  And if he gets bored at any part during this interview, he starts making up silly answers, which is then my cue to cut it off, but it's hard because I genuinely do want to ask him questions and find out more about him, what he knows, what he believes and what he needs.  Guess it will be a while longer before I can dissect his brain fully.  

What did we just get finished celebrating?  America's birthday
What day is that? The 4th
What is Americas birthday? It's decorations, there are chairs, there are fireworks outside, daddy cooked dinner for friends. 
What was your favorite part of the 4th of July? Putting on tattoos and we went with Karla to the parade. 
What did you like about the parade?  All the music and dancing and junk I got (handouts).
What junk did you get?  Lots of flags! I was sharing them with friends at our house. And I got treats like candy and ice cream. 
What is a holiday?  Purified tap water... 

Can you tell he was done by that last question? Ha.  Seriously.  He's such a silly boy.  Gotta love him. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Designed with love by BDD