Our little nugget is growing and growing. She had her two and a half week wellness check-up and she looked great. It was supposed to be two week check-up, but the Labor Day holiday and scheduling got in the way of that so two and a half it was.
Growth wise Olive has been great. She had gained nearly a pound since birth and weighed in at 6lbs 11oz and she grew a whole inch longer as well making her 19 1/4 inches long.
The pediatrician said she looked perfect and her weight gain is great for such a little lady, but that she wanted to check her weight out again in a few weeks just to keep on eye on her.
Development wise, there really isn't a whole lot to report... she is only three weeks old after all. Ha! She gets a bath every other day and I can tell she really loves getting all squeaky clean. She doesn't love the naked time before or after though... I assume it has something to do with how cold I keep the house. Oops!
Sleeping is okay for Miss Olive. She is not very consistent at this point in time. She sleeps, she eats and poops and sleeps again and then randomly she will have a few hours where she is fussy and doesn't want to be put down or sleep. You know... typical newborn stuff. We actually have a fairly good schedule in place since big brother Noah sets the pace, but she's still too young to follow suite. Hopefully we can get her in a good sleeping routine earlier than Noah did... that would be heavenly.
Olive had her first field trip this past week. We went to Catalina Island for our friend Karla's birthday. Although I felt like I was constantly nursing the little nugget, she did great on the car ride, boat ride and trip around the island. I think she loved the fact that she was being held constantly in the baby carrier and that the milk machine wasn't too far away.
There really isn't a whole lot to report right now other than I am still so tired. I forgot how NOT FUN the little cat naps are instead of a long sleep at night. Thankfully Olive is so sweet and cute that it makes up for my lack of sleep. We're more than happy to have her keeping us awake!


0 comments:
Post a Comment