Sunday, September 14, 2014
weekly olive: four
Olive turned four weeks old on Friday and today she turned one month old! It's crazy. These days keep zipping by.
Sweet girl is a little over 8lbs and still wears her newborn clothing (with room to spare). Her eyes are turning more and more blue every day and she is even starting to develop a blonde tint to her hair.
Olive has some pretty strong expressions. Even though she has NO eyebrows... that little brow line can show her every emotion. She will go from a look of peace to elation to torture in just a few seconds. Most of the time she just looks curious. She has started social smiling more and more. The other day she gave me the most precious smiles... as soon as I got my camera out those smiles turned into the scariest demon baby face I had ever seen. I was so bummed that I couldn't capture it all.
Sleeping is definitely hit or miss. I mean she sleeps a LOT during the day and at night, but sometimes at night she will be super fussy and it makes it harder for her to get to sleep and stay asleep for longer than 2 hours. On nights like that she will nurse and nurse and nurse. She couldn't possibly sleep with anything other than a boob. Those nights are frustrating because I really really really want her to sleep in her own space. We co-slept out of desperation with Noah and while he eventually found his way into his bed and slept through the night, I would rather not make it a habit with Olive. That is not a judgement for parents who choose co-sleep... just me saying it's not for us if we can help it!
Saturday, the lovely Mercie Ghimire came to take Olive's newborn photos and update our family photos. Neither Olive of Noah were particularly cooperative. Olive didn't want to be put down or sleep and Noah didn't want to do anything but stomp around and be a troublesome toddler. He wouldn't even come near Olive. It was so untypical of either of them and complete madness. Even still, I cannot wait to see what Mercie shot.
Saturday was really our first taste of Noah acting out against Olive. He really didn't want anything to do with her and was hurt that so much was going on with her. I felt really badly for him. He usually insures that he is the life of the party, but for this occasion, it just wasn't going to happen. Poor Olive... she has no idea what's going on. I am sure she would have gladly given her brother whatever attention he was craving. The younger sibling is usually doing anything and everything to get love from the older sibling.
Anyways, other than Saturday's blip, things have been going well with Miss Olive and every day we are falling more in love with her. I'm still so happy that she is hear safe and sound. I wake up every morning wondering how I got to be so lucky.
Labels:
4 weeks,
weekly olive
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





She is so exceptional!
ReplyDelete