Tuesday, September 02, 2014

monthly noah: thirty-one





Oh my sweet boy! We are going through the most trying times with this kid right now. I don't even know how to deal with him except to open up my arms with tears of frustration rolling down my face and plead for mercy.

I'm sure a lot or his trouble stems from him trying to adjust to his role as a big brother, but some of it just has to do with him being two and apparently knowing better than the rest of us.  

There has been a lot of "no","I don't like", tantrums and fib telling. My sweet little guy has become quite the little monster. 

I still see glimpses of the sweet boy that we've known for the past two and a half years. Like when he wakes up and comes to give us morning kisses. Or when he sees Jonathan and asks "how was work today, Daddy?" Or even the way he asks to hold or cuddle with his baby Olive. There are still a lot of sweet moments... There are just a lot of moments where I want to rip my hair out too.

We were at the indoor park this past weekend and I noticed that he made it a point to go around and tell every kid hello.  He tries so hard to show everyone that they are loved.  He wants everyone to have a good day.  That melts my heart to pieces.  He has such a good heart when he isn't fighting you on every single thing.

Noah just finished his short break from summer school and is about to start academic Montessori preschool. Since he is officially potty trained, he will be moving up to the next classroom which I think will be really good for him.  It will be hard on me. because I will see this little guy change even more before my eyes.  He will be around bigger kids, which means he will develop big kid habits faster, but he will also grow in ways that a traditional class wouldn't necessarily allow and for that I am happy for him.  I'm praying that he will pick up some good habits that will outshine any negative ones.

I can't wait to see what this fall brings with my big, sweet boy!


1 comment:

  1. So crazy...just hang in there...you do have all the right feelings about all this...(you know how little I know about this, right? None of my own, but taught a zillion)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD