Monday, September 29, 2014
weekly olive: six
The sass is strong with this one. Six weeks and already Miss Drama. Her brother was no different though... Apparently I breed dramatic children. ha.
Olive just loves being held and never ever wants to be put down. She could be out cold and as soon as you put her down she will completely come to and throw a crazy tantrum. BUT I am a master babywearer and after wearing Noah for over two years, I am totally used to having a baby strapped to me all the time. It just gets tricky when her brother wants to be held and carried at the same time.
At six weeks little Livie has started grabbing at various things... she especially likes to grab at my hair and fingers. If I caress my fingers against her cheeks I can usually get some sweet smiles from her. She never turns down a nursing session, but really doesn't care much for the bottle (yet). She sighs A LOT while she's sleeping and recently has started making choking noises in her sleep since she has started salivating more. She also makes some pretty adorable giggling noises out of nowhere. She LOVES to kick her little feet around and punch out her little arms.
Olive eats about 3 ounces every 2 hours during the day. I can sometimes get her to stretch a feeding at night to 3 1/2 hours, but usually she starts grunting pretty aggressively at that two hour mark.
I had planned to start cloth diapering by this point in the game, but she's still just a little too small and I can't get a good seal around the legs. She already has quite a few diaper leaks with disposables, so I figure it won't hurt to wait a little while longer in order to avoid crazy amounts of laundry. Although I will totally admit I am so excited to start cloth diapering again.
Noah has done a great job adjusting to Olive. He loves her most of the time... sometimes he only tolerates her. I haven't witnessed the downright nastiness yet, but I know it will happen eventually. He usually says the sweetest things to her and loves to have cuddle times with her. I have found him sucking on her fingers and kissing the top of her head completely unprompted. While I was taking this weeks photos Olive was having a complete meltdown because she wasn't being held and Noah came and cuddled right beside her. He then looked at me and said "Mommy she needs to be like a burrito" and proceeded to swaddle Olive. She settled down and eventually dozed off a bit. I was pretty proud of that moment. It was like the two of them had a moment of understanding and Noah was letting Olive know that he has her back. Kind of made me all mushy hearted and teary eyed.
I am just loving all of these little moments of having another baby in the house. Of course it is hectic and exhausting, but there is so much love and excitement and I feel so lucky that I am getting to experience little Miss Olive.
Labels:
6 weeks,
weekly olive
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















0 comments:
Post a Comment