Tuesday, September 23, 2014

weekly olive: five



Big week for baby girl! This week Olive went in to see her pediatrician for a weight check and get a second Hepatitis B shot. I decided to go ahead and get her first one while we were in the hospital and then her pediatrician suggested that I go ahead and get her second shot at 1 month and third shot at 2 months because I had already planned on spacing out all of the vaccinations like we did with Noah.  Olive took the vaccine like a pro! She cried for less than 30 seconds and then cuddled and nursed peacefully.  The weigh-in was pretty exciting because she was up to 8lbs 2oz! That put her in the 16th percentile while before she had been in the 5th.   So glad to see her growing!

Olive is in the process of starting a Wonder Week.  She is starting a developmental leap and because of it she is a little bit more fussy, wants to be held more, nurses more frequently and is generally more happy with mommy than anyone else.  It's funny because she started having some of those symptoms and I immediately started thinking of Wonder Weeks because I remember how spot on it always was with Noah and sure enough she was in one!

Once she passes through this leap she might be able to:
-Look at something longer and more frequently
-Respond to touch differently
-Gives a social smile for the first time
-Respond to odors more clearly
-Be more awake and busy

I am really looking forward to the end of this leap because I could really use more sleep! It's pretty tricky to sleep when a little person won't let you put them down... ever!  It's okay... she's so cute that I can't hate her for wanting to cuddle.

This week was also quite an adjustment for our family because it was the first week with Jonathan back at work. We were lucky to have a full month with him at home... that was such a huge blessing. I was really nervous about him going back, but thankfully Noah is at school for three and a half hours in the mornings and then he naps part of the afternoon.  That meant Olive and I could catch up on sleep in the morning  and in the afternoons I haven't had too much to juggle besides the cranky hour while we wait for daddy to return.

I know this is still basically the honeymoon period and that things are going to get busier and crazier, but for now it's not too bad and we're loving it! Loving our sweet, little Olive!







1 comment:

Designed with love by BDD