WOW! I cannot believe we are even on the other side of this pregnancy and that Miss Olive is here!
I obviously KNEW that another baby was coming, but I just couldn't imagine what she would be like.
Amazingly enough, she is so much like her big brother. She looks and moves and even sounds about like he did when he was born. The only huge differences are her hair color... just a smidge darker than his was and her tongue (or lack of tongue-tie). All the doctors and nurses warned me that this little lady would probably not latch or eat well since she was born a little early. They said she would probably be sleepy and not want to keep up with meals, etc, etc. Well she surprised them all and latched immediately in post-op recovery and she was super duper alert. She kept her eyes open and just looked around the room for nearly the entire two hours we were there.
She appears to be the most mild mannered little person. She doesn't fuss too much. Loves cuddling with anyone that will hold her. She loves nursing and sucking on her hands. She doesn't mind Noah's loud shrieking and she is great in the car! We drove home from Noah's school and she slept the whole way back while Noah screamed. She is already better about being put down. We have a bassinet in our bedroom and she sleeps really well in it and doesn't mind her alone time. She smiles! I know it is gas smiles, but it thats a glimpse into the future... she will have an adorable little smile that I can't wait to see on a more regular basis.
She seems to be gaining weight wonderfully. She left the hospital weighing 5lbs 10oz. That was 4 ounces less than her birth weight. When we went in for her 1 week doctors appointment she had gained two more ounces and was up to 5lbs 12oz and I am sure she is back up to her birth weight by now at a little over a week.
I can't even explain how in love we all are with little Olive. We are so blessed!
I obviously KNEW that another baby was coming, but I just couldn't imagine what she would be like.
Amazingly enough, she is so much like her big brother. She looks and moves and even sounds about like he did when he was born. The only huge differences are her hair color... just a smidge darker than his was and her tongue (or lack of tongue-tie). All the doctors and nurses warned me that this little lady would probably not latch or eat well since she was born a little early. They said she would probably be sleepy and not want to keep up with meals, etc, etc. Well she surprised them all and latched immediately in post-op recovery and she was super duper alert. She kept her eyes open and just looked around the room for nearly the entire two hours we were there.
She appears to be the most mild mannered little person. She doesn't fuss too much. Loves cuddling with anyone that will hold her. She loves nursing and sucking on her hands. She doesn't mind Noah's loud shrieking and she is great in the car! We drove home from Noah's school and she slept the whole way back while Noah screamed. She is already better about being put down. We have a bassinet in our bedroom and she sleeps really well in it and doesn't mind her alone time. She smiles! I know it is gas smiles, but it thats a glimpse into the future... she will have an adorable little smile that I can't wait to see on a more regular basis.
She seems to be gaining weight wonderfully. She left the hospital weighing 5lbs 10oz. That was 4 ounces less than her birth weight. When we went in for her 1 week doctors appointment she had gained two more ounces and was up to 5lbs 12oz and I am sure she is back up to her birth weight by now at a little over a week.
I can't even explain how in love we all are with little Olive. We are so blessed!

I find all this just unbelievably wonderful! I cannot even imagine your joy...
ReplyDelete