Sunday, August 17, 2014

Happy Birthday!


   
Well... I guess things weren't quite as amazing as they seemed on Thursday.

I showed up for my doctors appointment on Friday and my fluid levels had dropped even lower. Doctors were deciding between hospital bed rest and delivery. 

So off I went to L&D for monitoring again. Once I got hooked up, contractions started and were pretty on top of each other. So one way or another... A baby was coming on Friday. My doctor prepped the OR and by 5:27pm we heard a beautiful cry!

Into the world came our sweet little Olive Wren McCaffrey. 

5lbs 14oz,18 1/4 inches long and perfect!

Gods timing was good in all of this. My blood pressure started jumping around and I was having other preeclamptic symptoms. 

The c-section recovery has been pretty textbook and Olive is a great little nursling. 

I'll of course update more in the next few days especially once I'm out if the hospital, but I just wanted to thank you for your prayers, hugs and words of support through all of this!

Xo


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Designed with love by BDD