Sunday, August 03, 2014

Maternity Photos


These are our amazing maternity/family photos taken at the Baldwin Hills Scenic Overlook in Culver City by the very wonderful and talented Mercie Ghimire Photography.  We had an absolute blast running around the trails and exploring nature and Mercie did an amazing job working with us crazies. Noah especially loved the snail, "Turbo", that we found while running around the hill.  That poor snail didn't make out so well in the end, but Noah sure did have fun with him that afternoon.

I will admit... I LOVE photos. Shocking? I think not. ha

I was always heartbroken that I didn't get to have a life time of pictures with Mason.  I had a few maternity photos that my brother-in-law Jeff snapped that I will always cherish, a few cell phone pics and a few digital camera pics that I managed to snap from my wheel chair while he was hooked up in the NICU, but honestly... that was it.  I was seriously drugged up during that time in my life. I was on pain killers and magnesium to prevent preeclamptic seizures.  I am so thankful that I do remember a lot from that time, but honestly,  those memories will always carry a weird glow around around them.

Fast forward to my pregnancy with Noah.   We had no idea whether or not we would be bringing a baby home with us or not, so I swore up and down that I would photograph and document as many moments as possible.  That's how this blog happened.  That's how I became a photo-a-holic and how Noah became probably wayyyy overly documented, but I don't care.  He's my child and I want to shout to the heavens how much he is loved and cared for just as I wish I could be doing for Mason.  So we had our family friend do the maternity photography and Noah's newborn photography and have tried to semi keep up with family pictures because these memories are something I honestly want to keep up with.

Fast forward to now.  This baby... I am probably not quite so on top of things.  Not because I don't want to be, but because I am tired, busy with Noah and just plain BLAH.  I still wanted to make sure we did professional photos while I was pregnant.  I want her to know about how she grew, our hopes and our dreams for her and anything else that she might spring up in our lives.  So as silly as it might be to some people to do all these family photos and things... they are really important to me.  I want to have these memories and photographs to look back on and I really want my children to have them as well.

1 comment:

Designed with love by BDD