Friday, August 01, 2014

monthly noah: thirty


seriously... this boy.  I cannot believe his changes.  Just when I think he's still my baby, he grows that much more.

His verbal is outstanding! Or at least we can communicate with each other, which is outstanding to me. He is counting, recognizes most shapes - written numbers - written letters - colors.

He can recognize when he needs to use the bathroom and go on his own! We are in FULL big boy undies mode (even at bed time).  I actually wanted to keep him in pull-ups, but school said it was time to make the switch.  So during the day he was all undies and even during nap.  Then one day after his bath he said that he wanted to wear his big boy undies to bed... I will admit that I fought him on it because I could just foresee that the ONE night he sleeps in his undies he will wet his bed, but nope... he was ready! So we've been in full undies mode for two weeks and going strong.  I still ask him 400 times an hour if he needs to pee or poop, but I am so glad that we started this when we did.

He has become so very independent, which is great since I am having to be more hands-off while I am in incubation mode.  He is so very gentle and sweet.  Loves to rub my back or my belly while I cuddle him before bedtime.  He is still so so active, but thankfully school takes a lot of all that energy so when he gets home we can cuddle, watch movies, read books and just chill.

We signed Noah up for fall preschool and I am so excited to see all the exciting things he picks up while there.

I am completely head over heals for this boy more and more every day.  And I can tell that Daddy is just as smitten.  I can't wait to see his reaction to his baby sister in the upcoming weeks.  





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Designed with love by BDD