Friday, May 02, 2014

nugget: twenty-one weeks

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 21 weeks!


Size of Baby: about the size of a pomegranate.  

Total Weight Gain: I felt as though I had gained a ton of weight recently and sure enough I was up 6lbs total at my doctors appointment today! I know that's actually really good, but I felt huge (and ashamed) at that moment.

Maternity Clothes: I can still wear my regular clothes, but it has been HOT in LA which made me think that I might need to buy some summer appropriate maternity clothing... so I have been trying out a few pieces here and there and although everything is pretty baggy it's been nice to not have anything tight in this heat.

Gender: girlie!!!

Movement: Little lady loves to move low low low and make feel as though I have to per suddenly. She is a jumping jack for sure.

Sleep: still really tired ALL DAY LONG and then finding myself unable to sleep at night.  Hoping the insomnia doesn't continue the whole pregnancy.

What I Miss: eating crazy food.  My appetite still isn't quite what it has always been and of course I am avoiding weird foods to make the event of food poisoning less likely.  Rice and tofu are getting kind of boring. lol

Cravings: spicy things and lots of veggies.

Best Moment this Week: just getting to feel this girl move all around throughout the day... It's so reassuring.  Also getting to see her stretch and jump at my doctors appointment during the ultrasound. She seems like she is going to have LONG legs compared to her brothers (and mother and father).

Blood Pressure: My blood pressure was ok at my doctors appointment but it was a little higher than I would like it at almost 22 weeks. In my mind I should have had a major dip and be getting readings around 110/60 but instead it was 122/76. My doctor assured me it was still really good, but I really don't like the idea of my numbers creeping so I guess I'm going to have to take measures into my own hands at home (not like I'm not already super self conscious about salt intake, but now I will be even more diet obsessed).
He said little lady was measuring a week and a half ahead. That she was looking perfect. This measurement was really just of her head though and both Noah and Mason always had huge heads in utero but normal/small bodies. Ha! So whenever I go to see my maternal fetal specialist in a few weeks we will get real details.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Designed with love by BDD