I usually try and do cute posts for major holidays like Easter and Christmas, but I am finding it more and more difficult to keep up with posts these days so you will just have to take what you get. ;-)
Anyways, we were planning on attending church Easter morning but all three of us woke up later than anticipated and I guess I kind of dropped the ball there. We started the morning late with a little Easter hunt for Noah where he was supposed to find his Easter basket. Jonathan hid the baskets and led Noah in a search for them. It was hilarious because Noah was totally disinterested and kept getting distracted by other things around the house. First it was the hose, then it was a chair and then it was the picnic table. Finally, we were able to lure him to hunt for a basket and he kind-of got more interested, but really he could have done without all that fuss.
He didn't really care much for what was inside his Easter eggs either. He just wanted to dump all of the soap out of his bubble containers and open and close the eggs. Pretty soon he was ready for breakfast snack or something and was disinterested in what we were doing all over again. I was a little bummed because I had envisioned the cutest little egg and basket hunt, but oh well I guess there is always next year.
We spent the rest of the morning and afternoon prepping for our Easter party. We were so excited to not have to spent the holiday all alone. Jonathan was able to cook and have fun trying out new recipes and I was able to show our friends all that we had done at the house. It was a lot of fun to have so many people that we care about with us that day, especially since all of our blood relatives were back in Texas. Every day I am reminded of how lucky we are to have so many wonderful people in our lives.
He didn't really care much for what was inside his Easter eggs either. He just wanted to dump all of the soap out of his bubble containers and open and close the eggs. Pretty soon he was ready for breakfast snack or something and was disinterested in what we were doing all over again. I was a little bummed because I had envisioned the cutest little egg and basket hunt, but oh well I guess there is always next year.
We spent the rest of the morning and afternoon prepping for our Easter party. We were so excited to not have to spent the holiday all alone. Jonathan was able to cook and have fun trying out new recipes and I was able to show our friends all that we had done at the house. It was a lot of fun to have so many people that we care about with us that day, especially since all of our blood relatives were back in Texas. Every day I am reminded of how lucky we are to have so many wonderful people in our lives.
0 comments:
Post a Comment