Thursday, February 06, 2014
Monthly Noah: twenty-four
holy cow... This snuck up on me like WOAH. My kid is two... I can't even handle it. I have cried about this several times this week alone. I remember looking at his first ultrasound picture and not being able to imagine that he would ever be in my arms. I remember his first cry and the sheer joy I had when he touched my skin for the first time. I remember his very fist bath and his first night in the hospital. I remember so many key moments in his first year... but crazily enough his second year of life carried quadruple the memories and quadruple the excitement. This boy has brought me every happiness I had ever hoped for in being a mommy and helped me gain so much in what I missed out on with his brother, Mason. I am SO lucky to have spent every single day of his life with him. He has NO idea how lucky we are to have him in our lives. We are so blessed.
okay... sap-fest done.
In the last month Noah has started talking like such a little adult. He tells me things like "mama, I use fork" whenever I try to spoon-feed him at dinner. Or "Daddy is home... I love him" or "I like to ride my scoot-ter". He tells me things constantly. He sings along with songs on the radio (even if he's never heard them before) or best is when he sings them while we are walking around the grocery store. He yells out embarrassing body parts in the middle of public places for all to hear. He is all boy and recently decided that he thinks its funny when he makes things toot or burp. His stuffed animals and toys have all burped and tooted like crazy recently... I have no idea where he even got that.
He's really into cleaning and sorting and then full on mess-making. I guess you can make a better mess when you are working with a clean slate?
He has the most tender and sweet-loving heart. If he knows you, he will hug on you and kiss you. He's already noticing girls and I am already scoping out all boys schools.
He is still pretty tiny and can wear 18 month clothes. His shoe size is a size 5. He still loves that pacifier WAAAY too much, but otherwise has no other attachments. He likes counting a whole lot and loves "monies" and playing with coins he finds around the house or where ever else we might be.
Noah had his 2 year check-up and his pediatrician was really impressed with his verbal advancements. I was really hoping he would have gained more weight considering how much this kid eats, but I guess that wouldn't be consistent with the past would it? Anyways she said she wasn't worried and we didn't have to come back again until his 3-year check-up! He received two vaccines and we were out the door. It was so fast and kind of anti-climactic, but I know Noah was glad to have it all over with after getting his shots.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment