We usually spend our Christmas's in Texas and almost always, Jonathan's parents go out and find the biggest live tree possible and put it up (by themselves) in their crazy-cool barn house a couple of days before we get into town. While I think it's great that they do this, I have always been secretly a little jealous that they did it without us! So this year, since we were already in town for Thanksgiving, I pushed that we go out together and pick out the Christmas tree.
Oh my I am so glad we did. Peter, Jonathan's brother, picked out Kadee Tree Farm in Greenville, Texas. Jonathan's dad brought and drove his farm truck and Jonathan, Noah and I followed behind in a separate car that had the carseat.
This tree farm was pretty cool! They had a petting zoo, mazes, tractor/hay rides and then to top it off you got to pick out your own tree and saw it down. Well of course, since the boys were both present I think the three McCaffrey men decided that they needed to find the absolute biggest tree possible this year and they seriously did! It is nearly 13 feet tall!
The tree is so big, that there was some difficulty arranging and securing it in the truck. It was even more difficult for them to set the tree up at the barn house. In most recent years, Jonathan's dad has started using a pulley to hold the tree up just to make sure it won't topple over on little children/dogs. This tree took three grown men and a pulley to get set upright properly. Thank goodness Janet (Jon's mom), Noah and I just got to sit and watch the craziness.
Anyways, it was quite the adventure and I am really hoping it will become an annual McCaffrey tradition. I am also so very glad that we got to have that special day together... it made for some wonderful memories.
I keep trying to post and it won't let me...I will give up if it doesn't work this time...So...I love the pictures of "all the guys"~ Looks like you all had a GREAT Thanksgiving...we just barely missed you...NEXT TIME
ReplyDelete