Thursday, December 12, 2013

weekly wonder: forty-four



Tis the Season! We're doing all kinds of winter and Christmas activities up in this house! Even though we live in Southern California and the weather can't decide whether it wants to be moderately cold or respectably warm, we're trying our best to get in the holiday spirit!

This week I took Noah on a visit to see the Santa at Santa Monica Place.  Now we took Noah to this very same Santa last year and got the sweetest photo. See! No fear whatsoever!


This year, Noah was absolutely terrified! I have no earthly idea why.  The whole way to Santa's Village he was singing "hohoho" and "Santa Santa Santa" but when he finally saw the big guy, he was anything but jolly.  So I pulled him aside and we watched a few other kids sit and happily talk with Santa.  I thought that it might make everything better, but nope.  Noah was not having it.  So I sat Noah on Santa's lap anyways (because I am the worst mom ever) and just let the photographer capture the moment... PURE TERROR.

After the photos ,I grabbed Noah and we chatted with Santa for a little while just so Noah would see that the old guy is really not bad.  In the end, Noah decided that was true and gave Santa several fist bumps and high fives.  I don't know why the photographer couldn't have captured that, but I guess that would been way too much work and time is money...  hah.  Anyways, I'm fine with him not wanting to sit on every stranger's lap.  Much safer that way.

Once Noah had finally settled from all the stress, I took him upstairs and we grabbed lunch and then played in the indoor playground.  He loves that playground SO much and since everything is padded, he feels like he can be a big kid and run around, climb the big stuff and not get hurt quite as often.  Is it just me or does he look like such a big boy? *sigh*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Designed with love by BDD