Thursday, August 22, 2013

twinkies: week seven

How Far Along: 7 weeks

Size of Baby: size of a blueberry. Both hemispheres of baby's brain is developing and generating about 100 new cells every minute. Arms and legs are emerging as joints start to form, and a permanent set of kidneys (baby's third!) is now in place.

Total Weight Gain: down 3lbs

Maternity Clothes: none yet... I actually think some of my clothes are loosening.

Gender: no clue, not worried about it yet!

Movement: nothing yet of course... anything I do feel is either round ligament pain or gas.

Sleep: exhaustion has set in.  I could sleep at the drop of a hat.  I am horizontal most of the time because I have intense vertigo and nausea.

What I Miss: a real meal... I've basically been eating chicken broth and crackers.

Cravings: soup? Everything sounds disgusting... even water makes me gag.

Best moment of the week:  Heard back from my OB that my HCG (short for human chorionic gonadotropin) is looking great and my progesterone is a little 14 which is also great.  To give you some background information, HCG should double every 48-72 hours.  My first HCG draw at 14 days past ovulation was 300, four days later at 17 days past ovulation it was at 3000.   At 22 days past ovulation it was at 11,000 and my last draw at 33 days past ovulation my number was over 100,000.  So everything is at it should be, which is reassuring when you are not very far along and can't see a whole lot by ultrasound.  Hopefully there will still be two little babies growing in my womb when I go in for my next appointment on Thursday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Designed with love by BDD