Thursday, August 22, 2013

misgivings about being pregnant

at 7 weeks pregnant, this is all still relatively new and so much can happen.  Add a second baby to the mix and you have one scared mama (and really freaked out daddy).

I have already had one unsettling episode during this pregnancy.  At about 6 1/2 weeks (on the plane ride back from the Dominican Republic I might add) I bled pretty heavily and suddenly.  I actually didn't even feel anything happening... just looked down and saw blood everywhere.  I hurried to the tiny bathroom on the plane and tried to compose/ clean myself best I could for the remainder of the flight.  I was almost certain I had lost the pregnancy.  We didn't get home until really really late and I was just too exhausted to go to the emergency room to check and see if everything was alright.  I called my OB the next morning to see what I should do.  Since the bleeding had already subsided I was instructed to just keep a close eye on everything and see my doctor at our originally scheduled appointment the next day.  Tuesday morning rolls around and I have been blood free for over 24 hours.  Doctor does an ultrasound and discovers not one baby, but two, BOTH with beating hearts.  I can only assume that the bleeding was caused by too much growth? Who knows... I am trying my best to not over analyze it.  Do we know if this pregnancy will continue with two babies? No, but I am hoping and praying that it does.  I already have fallen in love with the idea of our "big" little family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Designed with love by BDD