This week we visited San Diego for the 2013 Promise Walk for Preeclampsia. While we were in SD, we ate a TON of amazing food and saw a ton of amazing things! One of the places we visited was Balboa Park.
Since it was already later on in the day, we decided to wander the gardens instead of paying admission for one of the museums and I definitely don't regret it. We can always check out the museums next time.
Even though it was a little colder outside and slightly overcast, the gardens were gorgeous. So many exotic flowers and water features. The architecture was phenomenal with ornate Mission Style structures. Noah really enjoyed seeing the koi fish and running all over the gorgeous, green plush grass. Both men, Jonathan and Will, got into family phone conversations and so Rachel, Noah and I got into lots of trouble with a delicious funnel cake that I "just had to have". We saw a flock of parrots ,heard a children's string quartette, photobombed a few different prom and wedding photo sessions and just really had an overall wonderful time.
If you have never been to San Diego, I would really encourage you to visit sometime. It's just gorgeous and super family friendly. Is it crazy that I miss it already?
0 comments:
Post a Comment