Saturday, May 11, 2013

10 on 10: May

So I actually managed to do this months 10 on 10 on the 10th! Yay... go me! It's kind of a big deal since I can't seem to keep to my projects these days. I don't know what's in the air, but I feel my mind just slipping and before I know it the day is gone and none of my tasks are accomplished. I get the most work done in between the hours of 8pm and 2am. You guessed it. My little sweet Noah bug is asleep and my mind is finally able to think and breath. It will hopefully get easier as he gets older and becomes more and more independent, but ugh, seriously though, most days I feel I feel so very... unaccomplished.



Today was not one of those days. My father-in-law came into town this weekend and there is something about having either my parents or Jonathan's parents in town. It just makes me want to get as much done as humanly possibly in the absolutely shortest amount of time. Can't waste a single moment. By the time they leave, I feel like a completely rejuvenated person and then by day two I'm back to my sloth-like ways. *le sigh*

Jonathan and I decided to sign Noah up for Infant Swimming Resource Classes.  They are more of swimming-safety classes and less of kids getting-acquainted-with-the-water classes.  They are intense.  Every week day for a month.  Noah can already float unassisted, which to me is worth all the screaming and tears.


Noah soaking up all Grandad's love after getting out of the swimming pool.  Jonathan's dad made an impromptu LA trip and so he joined us for Noah's swim class.

This is the "mama, you did me wrong" face.

Here is Noah eating his weight in food after swimming lessons.  He has gotten really good at feeding himself which means I get to eat lunch too!

Here is my trying to get Noah to settle down for a nap.  There was quite a bit of playing around before he actually passed out.

Some of my strawberries on my fence planters have started to pink up! I am so excited to have an inner city garden!

If you look way in the back on the right you can see my one reddish tomato! 

Watering system in place for my raised garden bed.  The plants look a little mangled since I harvested two days before.  

I always have crazy projects to start when my father-in-law is in town.  I am sure he would much rather sit and enjoy the beach or the lovely California climate, but he's nice and helps me anyways!

Bye bye old, ugly and hard to walk down pathway... hopefully you will turn out much more accessible and eye-pleasing.

Noah, Grandad and Jonathan in a tangle to get Noah's shoes on. So we can head out on another adventure!


2 comments:

  1. I know you had a great time and glad you put Robin to work!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pic of Grandad hugging him after swimming lessons! You truly captured the moment. We can't wait to read more about Noah's swim classes. It's amazing what he has already learned.

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD