Today we decided to venture on foot over to part of Venice where there are man-made canals that were established back in 1905. These canals were built the developer Abbot Kinney in hopes to recreate the appearance and feel of Venice, Italy. Now a few streets over from The Canals there's a street named Abbot Kinney which has lots of fun shops and restaurants. We LOVE spending time in this part of town, but I am ashamed to say that we don't visit The Canals as much we would like to.
Anyways, I have been meaning to get our butts over there, but I had to wait until I was actually in the mood to mosey over there and for it to not be too overcast or cold for the walk. Today was the day! Noah and I saddled up the stroller and walked the mile and a half to The Canals. OF COURSE Noah fell asleep along the way, which means our picnic was a flop because he would not wake up for anything. So I wondered around, which was totally fine because it was peaceful and nice exercise. I loved wondering up and down the little bridges, checking out the luxurious homes, and really just soaking up all the tranquility in the area.
Finally as we were walking back (like 2 hours later), we passed by the park at the entrance to The Canals and Noah decided to wake up?!? Just has I have impeccable shopping GPS, Noah has park GPS. If we are near by some place he can play... he's always ready to go! I thought I could get him to eat before he played, but no way! He was ready to climb the fence and play with the ducks.
We played for 30 minutes before it was getting way way past lunch time and really time for us to go. So we wound our ways back through the Canals and set off for home. It was a fun little walking adventure and I can't wait for Noah to be a little older and more athletically stable so that we can return without the stroller and he can wear himself out while walking with me!
what a great day and what great photos!
ReplyDelete