Wednesday, November 07, 2012

weekly noah: forty


We're just getting back from Noah's 9 month check-up and it was much better than past appointments.  Although he cried after his shot, he only cried for a minute and then he was ready to crawl away and get into some other mischief.

The doctor continuously emphasized baby proofing... I guess she could tell I had my hands full?  She kept saying things like "close every door" and "leave no standing water" and "bolt down tables and chairs".  While I find over baby proofing a little comical, all those comments she made also put a lot of fear in my mind as well.  Babies can SERIOUSLY get into EVERYTHING and often times the do.  Just the other day, Noah managed to chew up an entire roll of toilet paper.  And when our friends got to our house, I thought I had cleaned up and hid every proof of such action until my friend Kaitlin and I noticed that he was STILL chewing on a wad of toilet paper.  EHHH...how super embarrassing.  I'm sure she thinks my parenting skills are lacking. ;-)

Anyways, Noah is growing like a weed.  Check out his 9 month stats:
18.56 lbs.... 29.3 percentile
27.75 inches.... 22.8 percentile
18.1 inches....77.7 percentile

Yes, our kid has a giant head, but I am SO glad that he is growing everywhere else.  I have to admit that I was a tiny bit afraid that he would be significantly underweight.  Although he has been eating more and more solids, he is still taking mostly breast milk and also extremely active.  I guess I am just relieved that he is keeping up with his weight.

And everything else is just moving right along... Noah's crawling around more, walking with his walker more, standing solo and talking up a storm.  Mama this and Dada that... Gaga (Gus) this and yum yum yum that.  He's a regular chatty Cathy.  Sometimes he even mumbles stuff in his sleep.  I guess he's taking after his chatterbox Mama.  

Wow... I just can't believe that my little man is growing up so fast.  God is amazing for letting me experience every second of Noah's life so far.  Every bit of it is a blessing.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. This baby is growing. Love the pumpkin pictures. Such a happy boy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He enjoyed sitting inside the pumpkin much more than we anticipated. I think he is such a boy! Messes don't bother him and he is so rough and tough!

      Delete
  2. sneaky racoon!!!! I have those pj's too and love them! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD