Saying that I am upset would be an understatement.
Gus was our first little glimpse at the role of parenthood. He has been our spoiled pooch for 4.5 years. He sleeps in bed with us. He and Noah are best friends. He nursed me back to health after losing Mason. Stayed in bed with me day after day while I battled depression. I am NOT ready for him to leave us.
We prayed over him before we left the animal hospital. I know you are thinking that this is just a dog, but he is our sweet Gus. He has been through so very much with us, so really he is not JUST a dog.
Proverbs tells us in chapter 12 verse 10 that a righteous man regardeth the life of his animal. Gus is an important member of our household. He is loved by everyone he meets.
I am just in tears about this. I had the hardest time leaving him at the hospital and I am sure that everyone thought I was absolutely crazy with how much I was crying. I wish I could have sat there and held him all night, but he needed to be further treated.
We will know more when the doctors call us in the morning. Until then, we wait...
Please, send well wishes and prayers for Gus. We greatly desire to hold our precious, healthy furbaby again.
<3
Oh no!!! poor Gus!! lots of prayers for him!
ReplyDeletethinking of your family! prayers for Gus!!
ReplyDeleteHow terrible!! Praying for all of you! Fur children have a very special place in our hearts.
ReplyDelete