Noah is 9 months old and I am such an emotional basket-case.
It just doesn't seem right that he should already be this big! It feels like just yesterday that my doctor was telling me to meet them at the hospital for my "semi" scheduled c-section. I seriously get so depressed with every new month and every new developmental milestone because I know we are that much closer to Noah being all grown up and too cool for mommy and daddy. Ugh... so sad!
Anyways, this week has been crazy. We decided to host a Halloween party at our new house and so I spent most of last weekend quickly unpacking boxes and decorating for our guests. What was amazing about being so busy is that Noah decided to give us a little break and slept (TWICE) in his own bed for an entire night. I am talking about... 9-8:30 am kind of sleeping! While I was SO happy that he slept the whole night in his room, I was seriously a frantic mess because (1) we don't have a baby monitor and (2) he's never been away from me for that long EVER (3) my boobs felt like rocks because he's not gone that long without dream feeding. In between both those nights he managed to make up for it by being super clingy and a terrible sleeper, so I am not entirely sure what to make of all this, but we will just keep doing what we have been doing and eventually (hopefully) one or all of us will get some sleep, right?
Noah has been even more active than his normal active self lately. He even managed to take a few steps on Sunday, but I think they were totally on accident, because now he seems pretty hesitant to do any kind of walking besides furniture cruising or by using his new walker that his Mimi bought him. I am trying to not freak out/get my hopes up about his walking because babies do what they do whether we try to hold them back or push them forward. It doesn't matter... they march to the beat of their own drum. Anyways, if he does decide to take some more steps I really really really hope I have my camera on hand because that is something I just don't want to miss!
Noah's first halloween was pretty mellow. First we visited with a few friends of ours and took some fun photos and then we walked over to Daddy's office for a little Halloween party. We didn't stay very long at the party because all three of us were absolutely starving. So we quickly got our family photograph taken and rushed off to dinner at our local Mitsuwa. It was actually really pleasant. Our neighborhood doesn't really have many trick-or-treaters and I feel like Noah is still WAY too young to go door-to-door looking for candy, so I think we will wait a few years before we actually do real Halloween festivities. For now it was just fun to dress up and look silly as a family.
Overall, I would say we had a pretty exciting week 39 and a fun entrance into Noah's 9th month. I am sure this month is going to blast, but for now I am already exhausted just thinking about it!
Check out slideshow from this week. It includes some pics of Noah at our Halloween party and Jonathan's work party. Enjoy!

0 comments:
Post a Comment