Wednesday, November 21, 2012

weekly noah: forty-two

well... I am running out of fabrics.  Sorry if this week's post lacks a little creativity, but I have sort of had my hands full between Noah, Gus and Thanksgiving.  

Anyways, last week I really didn't have much to report, but I feel like so much has changed in just seven days.  Noah has always been SUCH a chatterbox, but recently I can tell he is making such an effort to try and communicate with us.  He has already been saying Mama, Dada and bye.  This week he has started saying naynay and gwah (which almost sounds like a growl of some sort)... originally I did not thing much of NayNay.  Now I know that NayNay means Noah. hahaha Imagine hearing this child roam the house screaming naynaynaynay over and over again.  He usually says it when he wants our attention, but he also says it when he is waving at himself in the mirror or just trying to be cute.  It's CRAZY.  Gwah we have decided means Gus.  He has been hearing a LOT about Gus recently and I think he wants to show us he knows what we are talking about.

Noah has also been doing a lot more waving.  He waves at the phone, he waves at people passing by, he waves at the baby in the mirror.  It's neat that he is trying to communicate with people.

He's also been working a lot on his walking this week.  Still just a step here and there, but a lot of solo standing and a lot of chasing us around with his walker.  I can't believe that our son could be running around the house any day now. SCARES THE CRAP OUT OF ME.

We have also run into a few issues with our baby proofing.  Originally I said I wouldn't go overboard, but my child is testing EVERY limit.  For example.  We weren't going to put toilet locks down, but guess who I have found in the bathroom playing IN the toilet on a few occasions?   No, it wasn't Jonathan... Noah is fascinated with the toilet.  It doesn't matter if we close the door.  He will sit outside the door and paw around and stick his fingers under the door for what seems like forever because he is hoping you will let him go play with the toilet.  Bath time is crazy because I spend the entire time batting his chubby paws away from the toilet while I try to wash him down.  What is it with kids today?  What is neat about a toilet? YUCK... and you guessed it, now I am cleaning the toilet a million times a day.  No, I don't have time for that.  So yep... toilet locks it is.  We have also now have to put our shoes up on coat hooks because Noah wants to chew on them... Did I birth a dog or a baby?  I don't know... the jury is still out.

Anyways, it has been really exciting to watch Noah's growing curiosity. Even though most of the time it is getting him into trouble, I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

Check out some of our cheesy photos from this week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Designed with love by BDD