Gus was sent home from the animal hospital on Monday night. He has a nice bag of narcotics that would make any junkie jealous!
The poor dog looks absolutely pitiful. He can't walk straight and he is wearing his cone of shame, buuuuut he is home!
I cannot tell you what a relief it was to have him in our home Sunday night and to wake up with him every morning since. Even Noah is quite excited to have his puppy back in the house.
Our next hurdle will be to get ahold of the attack dog's owner. We made a report to animal control, since the person walking the dog and the dog left the scene of the incident without exchanging info. .
Please keep your fingers crossed and say some prayers that there will be some justice in the end of all this.
Here are some sad and gnarly photos of poor Gus and his injuries. They actually don't even look half as bad as they really are and for that I am thankful. I tried to get a photo of the wire holding his mouth together, but he won't hold his mouth open for very long, so you will just have to use your imagination.
Here are some sad and gnarly photos of poor Gus and his injuries. They actually don't even look half as bad as they really are and for that I am thankful. I tried to get a photo of the wire holding his mouth together, but he won't hold his mouth open for very long, so you will just have to use your imagination.
Here are photos from the day he came home...
2nd day home
3rd day home: Today!
Gus is resting while Noah plays.






Christa, is Gus taking Tramadol for pain? Stella was taking it after her snake bite and it wa causing her to have tremors. They stopped once we finished the meds...just thought I would pass that on...poor Gus! Glad he is home and doing better!
ReplyDeleteOh, no! I'm so sorry about Gus, but super relieved he has prevailed and is recovering. Go, Gus! Please keep us posted on his progress. xo
ReplyDelete