Although we have been going through a sleeping rough patch, I am still remaining moderately optimistic that I will get a full nights sleep some day in the near future. A girl can dream right? hah
Noah's sleep issues are totally inconsistant. I don't really know what else to say about them except we are continuously trying to get him into sleeping in his own crib every night. That may mean I sleep on the floor next to him holding his hand so that he will lay down to be next to me or it may even mean that Jonathan and I pace the house at odd hours of the night in hopes to get him to pass out. We're trying hard and I guess that's all that counts.
Napping is inconsistant as well. If I really want Noah to nap, usually I have to get him out of the house and into the car or stroller or baby carrier and we go some place. He used to despise the carseat, but has recently begun to tolerate it much better which means I can actually go for driving errands. Anyways, it's not very helpful with me that he doesn't settle well at home. It means I can't rest because I have to be driving or walking somewhere. Sometimes if I do a short lap around the block he will pass out and I can nap with him on my chest, but again... it's really inconsistant.
Little booger has been eating so much lately. We are excited and grossed out all at the same time. Watching a baby eat is not for someone with a weak stomach. There is a ton of gagging, drooling, spitting and squishing. If you can get past that, there are tons of smiles, "mmmm"s and "yumyumyumyum"s and happy faces that one just can't get enough of. Today we found the first food that Noah did not happily gobble down... scrambled eggs. We of course will try it again, but most kids enjoy a good egg, so I guess I figured he would too. I should have known he would take after his dad on that. Thankfully Noah loves veggies. Cooked or Raw. We eat a TON of raw veggies at our house because they are so easy to get ahold of since we live in Southern California. Usually we just chop veggies in long strips and let Noah munch away. His favorites so far seem to be cucumber, bell pepper, artichoke, avocado, tomatoes and pretty much any squash. I can't wait to see what he thinks of pumpkin squash! I love that he really isn't that picky of an eater. He also eats Indian, Mexican, Mediterranean, Thai and Korean foods. We don't discriminate in our household... we just eat!
Noah has been making great strides in the walking department. More standing on his own and lots of going form his knees to his feet all on his own. He now only uses our hands for security. There is absolutely no weight being put on them... he's just using them to make sure we're not going anywhere. Most of the time I just let him hold on, but sometimes I sneak my hands away to see how well he is balancing. Sometimes he stands and balances and other times he freaks out sits down immediately. That's fine little boy... Mama can wait a while longer for you to walk!
I really cannot believe that this little boy will be 9 months old next Thursday! Sometimes I feel like it was just yesterday that I found out I was pregnant with him. Sigh. I really wish he would slow down and stay little for a while longer.

I LOVE that he eats everything! That is so fantastic...good for him...and good for you!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie. He is such a happy kid. I think his hair is growing!! Next thing you know he'll be getting his first trim.
ReplyDeleteLove you blog. XOXO