Wednesday, September 26, 2012

weekly noah: thirty-four



The blanket that Noah is posing on is another blanket made by my grandmother!  So pretty, right?

Well, this week has been crazy... lots of packing and unpacking (done by Noah of course) and then my body decided to malfunction and I came down with strep throat.  Thankfully, because I am nursing, Noah has yet to be symptomatic, but it was pretty rough with fevers ranging from 101-103 for three nights straight.  No worries, I got in to see the doctor and got some antibiotics so hopefully I can say goodbye to all this sick business.  This will make it the third time one of us has decided to be sick while moving.  The first was Jonathan on our move out to LA.  The second was me when I was 4 months pregnant with Noah and still pretty woozy with morning sickness and now this time.  Talk about perfect timing... Anyways enough about me onto our little guy.  This is HIS weekly update.

Noah officially has 4 teeth!  The top teeth are out and he is constantly sticking his little tongue out trying to feel whats going on.  Most babies are always sticking their tongue out, but Noah's tongue is still just a little short (even after his frenulotomy) so any tongue action is new to us and its pretty cute to see.

Noah has also been furniture cruising like CRAZY.  It's a little frustrating because he wants to get into whatever we are packing... So he comes over, pulls himself up and takes various items out of the box.  He has started doing a lot of one-armed furniture holding, arm transferring and the other day he stood up for 4 seconds without holding onto anything (but I think it was just an accident).  He has also been trying to balance on his own... which is scary because he is NOT ready for that. haha He pushes off a little bit and then flies backwards.  He must be some sort of dare devil because he is just all over the place!

Noah is now says two words, mama and bye (with country accent and a whole arm wave).  It's pretty comical when he says bye because while he knows to do the wave... he doesn't actually know what bye bye means, because I am rarely out of his line of sight.  So he keeps saying bye bye to me, but I'm not going anywhere so I just keep waving back at him.

He has also been playing hide and go seek a lot lately.  He likes to do it while he's holding onto a piece of furniture (usually done in his crib) and he pops his head up and down out of sight.  If you don't notice it he will have a mini fit until you exclaim, "Oh there's Noah!" or "Where did Noah go?"  It's fun until it's 2am and he's decided I don't want to sleep... I want to play. UM NO!

We will be in full moving mood all weekend long and hopefully completely into our new place by Monday morning.  We are SO excited about this change because it means that Noah will have his VERY OWN ROOM and lots more play space!


5 comments:

  1. The blanket picture is the cutest dern picture ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny because usually I take a ton of shots for the weekly Noah in hope to get a good one. This time he only let me take one before he crawled away and did something else so it had to be the one. Thankfully it did turn out pretty cute!

      Delete
  2. Yumm, That veggie smoothy is delicious. There is a way to get the kids to eat their daily veggies. I love how when in the stroller, he is so layed back that he puts his foot up! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Noah loves veggies thankfully and yes... he LOVES relaxing in his stroller!

      Delete
  3. Very cute little boy and the blanket is perfect for him!

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD