Wednesday, August 08, 2012

weekly noah: twenty-seven


This week has been a bit of a blur. Noah is cutting not one, but two teeth. I can see them poking out and he has been quite the monster this week. In between smiles and giggles there have been hour (+) long tantrums and full on frustration on my part. I feel bad that there is not much for me to do for him. We have tried every frozen thing under the sun... every kind of teething tablet, potion or drop, amber necklaces, constant nursing, lots of warm and cool wash cloths, rubbing gums and whatever else we could think of to help him out. The homeopathic stuff that once settled him is a joke! I thought those things were great until the REAL teething kicked in... now the only thing that kind of cuts the pain is tylenol which I only give him after he has been screaming for hours at bedtime. I mean... how cruel is it to just let him cry out in pain when I know something will help?
Between that and the frustration of crawling, Noah is pretty exhausted.  I can see it in his little eyes.  I guess he is going through a developmental growth spurt of sorts ( I mean when are babies not going through these things?)

Our usually going on a walk routine has not been working out so well this week because he really just wants to get out and crawl around, but once he gets out and crawls he realizes that he doesn't want to do that after all and is upset that I put him down.  So back up he goes until about 5 seconds later he wants down again.  This lovely process goes on for quite awhile and by then I am too tired to leave our place.

Noah has been developing much more in the speech department lately. He has started making more consonant sounds (mostly b and g), he especially likes to make the sounds when he has his pacifier in his mouth so that he sounds like he is having a strange conversation with himself.  He has also started blowing giant raspberries in the air and spitting (oh boy).  I thought it was funny until my face was covered in Noah drool.  YAY.

The most exciting part about this week is that Noah has started giving me kisses.  BIG open mouth kisses.  Although all that drool being flung onto my face thoroughly grosses me out, I would have to say that every kiss melts my heart into a big sloppy puddle and that I am even more smitten with this Noah than the Noah that I met 27 weeks ago.  It's so amazing that he is starting to show his affection for others and that I am lucky enough to be the current subject of his affection!

Here are a handful of photos I managed to snap this week.  Not as many as usual, but still enough to get a summary of our week.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. OMG, Noah is changing so fast! Can't wait to see him in a couple of week. Oh yay, you too! He looks so proud of his mobility!!! I'll take one of the drooly kisses anytime!

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD