Thursday, June 21, 2012

project 366: june 15-21



I am pretty proud of myself.  I managed to pick up the digital slr four times this week for project 366, even more if you count the weekly Noah or any other photos I have shot.  I am starting to play around more with lighting and different focal points.  I will not say that I am by any means AMAZING, but I will say that I feel as though I am improving and that makes me happy. :-)

I may have also taken some of the topics and changed them on one (or two) days, but that was only because I really wasn't feeling those topics and I want to be excited by getting out my camera.


1.  Spring and summer in SoCal is gorgeous.  Heck, it's gorgeous here year round, but I will say that one can find the most amazing flowers in the world just a few feet away from my building.  The topic of that day was yellow and I was able to find all natural yellow subjects to photograph, which was really fun.
2.  I get cabin fever really easily.  It's funny because I guess I am a homebody?  I have to make it a point to get out of the house at least once a day and I have been doing so by taking Noah on a walk around our neighborhood every day.  Sometimes we stroll to the beach, sometimes to the promenade or sometimes just to the grocery store.  It's great and I usually feel quite refreshed afterwards.
3.  Okay, here is one place where I cheated a bit, but I couldn't help but share what I had been working on all week.  Noah's fat little foot print in a salt dough mold that we made for the grandfathers and Jonathan for Father's Day.  It was great fun and such a mess.  It made me realize (yet again) how much I am missing doing activities like this in a classroom.  I love being a stay at home mommy, but really I do want to teach again.
4.  This was supposed to be me sharing a secret about myself, but I guess it wasn't that big of a secret.  I bite my nails... nervously, out of boredom or just out of spite.   I don't know why really... I just look down at the end every day and notice that my nail are still crazy short from a nibble here and nibble there.  I have managed to quit several times, for months or sometimes years, but like any addiction... it's hard to kick.
5.  Imperfection.  My scuffed up nails, my scabby hand, but definitely not my precious baby who likes to gnaw on me all day long.
6.  Here is my other cheat for the week.  This is supposed to be the best photo I have ever taken.  I honestly don't have the faintest cluse as to which photo that would be.  I decided that I would forget that and just photograph something that pretty and caught my eye.  This is the flower from a Bottlebrush tree.
7.  This is where I sleep... minus Noah (most of the time).  Sometimes he manages to sneak in with me for naps and early morning visits.  I really prefer my bed to be just for grown-ups, but sometimes I am tired and grumpy and really needing an extra hour of sleep, so I give in.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Designed with love by BDD