Wednesday, June 20, 2012

weekly noah: twenty


This past week has been tricky. I have been trying to do the self-soothing to bed thing and it's not going very well. Noah is resisting and is even refusing to sleep at night. The kid is stubborn (I wonder where he gets that?). It occurred to me after posting the last weekly Noah that he was going through a wonder week and now this week as totally confirmed it. And of course, Noah likes to do things differently and the wonder week doesn't last just a week, but it lasts more like three. HAH. So he's been very cranky, clingy and crying along with bouts of energy and cuteness!
He has been becoming very aware of things around him.  Like the TV or the dog or even mommy playing on the iphone.  He has to be in the middle of everything.  And on top of it all he wants to be sitting or standing or moving constantly.  WHY oh WHY?  I mean don't get me wrong I think it's cute, but he seriously needs to stop trying to be so big!

My good friend, Colleen, just had her baby Amelia last Thursday and after holding her all I could do was go home and cry because my Noah is just so big now and he will never be that itty bitty baby again! Oh man... I know what your thinking "turn those emotions down a notch!" and I'm working on it, I promise, but can't you see how terribly sad it is how fast it is that he is growing up?

In other news, Noah is (thankfully) still pretty disinterested in table food.  We have tried giving him various tastes, but he acts as though we are being cruel.  So I guess we shouldn't bother with that for awhile and wait for him to initiate the introduction.  It's fine really.  I am all for waiting until he makes a dive at my dinner.  It's great that he's not rushing in this one area of his life.

I can't really think of anything else to report but here are some fun photos from this past week.









1 comment:

Designed with love by BDD