Wednesday, June 13, 2012

finally... things are working again

You might have already noticed a new look to the blog (again).  The first change was accidental.  Apparently the original template I used was somehow hacked by spyware.  I really didn't want any of you to ALSO get hacked by spyware, so I felt it was in everyone's best interest to switch it up.  Well, I just picked the first thing blogger had available, which normally would suite anyone just fine, but it wasn't customizable enough for me.  I asked Jonathan to help me build a blogger template that suited my needs, but he wanted me to just start my own blog and host it on one of the other various hosting sites.  That seemed like too much trouble to me.  So I ended up purchasing the template off Etsy from Beautiful Dawn Designs and then customizing the rest of it to my liking.  So basically its a mishmash of everything I like and it will probably continue to change.

A few new interesting things for those of you who are not blog frequenters:

1.  there are labels under each post that can link you up to other posts with similar labels.  Take today's weekly Noah as an example:You can see what Noah looks like today at 19 weeks and what my belly looked like when I was 19 weeks pregnant.  Exciting stuff, I know... I know.

2.  the grey buttons on the right side of the blog can lead you to the various social media sites that I frequent (ie: facebook, pinterest and instagram through ink361).

3.  I have also added the "read more" feature to most of the blog posts in order to make it easier to sift through blog postings.  So if you are thinking that my postings are looking a little shorter than usual, click on the "read more" link and you will see the full text and usually the wonderful pictures in a new screen.

So yes, it is exciting that I have changed things up a little bit and more importantly that things are in working order again.  Apologies to anyone who encountered difficulties with my previous blog templates... hopefully this template is much easier for you and you are now able to read and navigate through without any nasty issues.

Happy reading!
-Christa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Designed with love by BDD