Monday, February 27, 2012

all in a piece of mail



It's amazing how the united states postal service can sometimes make you an emotional mess in a good way.  Today I found myself staring straight at Noah's brand spanking new social security card.  Such a small thing, right? Who gives a crap? I totally give a crap!


Just two years ago around this time I was waiting in line at the county clerks office to get both Mason's birth and death certificates (for tax purposes).  Waiting amongst many, many, many new mothers all alone without my baby.  Trying not to fall on the floor in a puddle of tears.  After many hours, I made it to the front of the line only to completely confuse the man behind the counter.  He just couldn't understand that I was there to collect birth and death certificates for someone who had just been born.  Then he looked at my face and it all clicked.

There were so many times where I had situations like that... many times it never clicked and I had to continue to explain my situation other times the person looking at me shut their mouth and gave me the pity stare.

Seeing Noah's social security card totally made me relive that part of my life.  The horrible teary eyes and lump in my throat but at the same time a new pride that I made it far enough to get this and my Noah is sitting here with me in my arms.  I feel pissed off and satisfied all at the same time.

yep...it's always the little things that stir up the big things.

1 comment:

  1. It's so true. I hope one day I can be where you are. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD