Thursday, February 02, 2012

38 weeks and happy birthday!

Strike that, reverse!

Well, my appointment on Wednesday went differently than I had planned.  My non-stress test was amazing and baby boy passed it with flying colors.  Then the ultrasound tech checked my amniotic fluid levels and noticed that they were way low.  So my both my OB and my Perinatologist met and decided that today would be our little guy's birthday.

So they let me and Jonathan go home, get my things and get prepped for a repeat c-section.  Although I had hoped for a attempt at a vaginal birth, both doctors really didn't think it was that great of an idea considering the fact that I had no cervical progress and it's really not a good idea to use pitocin in a vbac scenario.  I really didn't fight them too hard... because as scared as I am of surgery, I am much more frightened of not having this little guy in my life.  

So here we are trying to get my 38 week shots out of the way before leaving for the hospital...


and here is our precious new love, Mr. Noah Grey McCaffrey... 6lbs 3 oz and 18.5 inches long.




We are both elated and appreciate all of the prayers and kind words that all of you have given.  I cannot wait to update more and let you see more of our precious Noah.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! He is absolutely precious and beautiful!! SO happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very many congratulations, Christa!!! This is such great news! Hooray and welcome, Noah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Christa!! So happy for you and your growing family!! ^_^ Happy Birthday Noah!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations again Christa and Jonathan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD