Sunday, January 29, 2012

Catching up - a month in photos

For Christmas Jonathan bought me a beautiful new Pentax K-r 1 because I desperately wanted a good camera for taking pictures of our expected little one.  Anyways, I started taking a few pictures here and there, but then a good friend of mine (actually a sorority sister) wrote about attempting to do Project 366.  Imagine being able to look back at any day of your year and recall what you did, who you met, what you learned… Often I find it hard to remember what I did just yesterday or even last night, let alone a whole year ago!  A year-long photo album will be an amazing way to document my travels and accomplishments, my haircuts and relationships. Time moves surprisingly fast and this is a wonderful way to remember and share it.  Hopefully through a ton of trial and error, committing to taking just one photo a day will help me develop into a better photographer.

Here is the month of January.  I plan to start updating weekly (I have been posting the photos only on Facebook up til now), but at the very least I will post about my 365 once a month.  Enjoy!











3 comments:

  1. love it! the collage... is that picnik, or your own creation? I am a little late for a 365 project, but maybe I can start when the baby is born?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The collage is a photoshop template that I found online, but I don't think you are too late at all to start the 365 project! You take pics all the time and I am sure some of them could be used for the month of January and for sure you will have a ton to choose from after Hunter arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea Christa.It'll be so much fun to look back and what you've captured over the year.

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD