Saturday, January 21, 2012

36 weeks

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 36 weeks (36 weeks 4 days by my Doctor's calendar)



Size of Baby: 5lbs 13oz or the size of a cantaloupe

Total Weight Gain: 24lbs

Maternity Clothes: yes, yes, yes.

Gender: boy

Movement: lots of kicking and popping me in the ribs.

Sleep:  between the hot flashes and the potty breaks I have been averaging about 2.5 hours of sleep a night.  Sometimes I am able to have a nap during the day, but I hope I can catch some zzzzz's before this baby boy gets here!

What I Miss:  my family... I'm getting a little homesick.

Cravings: none

Best Moment this Week: interviewing and deciding on a pediatrician!  I feel so good to have made this step and to know the doctor that will be helping us care for our little one!

Blood Pressure:  it fluctuates, but has been staying in the 120s/70s, which is great!

News from the Doctor: I have met with my perinatologist twice this week and my OB once.  All three visits went well fairly well.  The baby doesn't seem to like Non-Stress tests... he almost always sleeps all the way through them and has to get buzzed a few times throughout.  My perinatologist freaked himself out at my Thursday appointment and thought my fluid levels had drastically dropped, but it was the positioning of our little one.  ALL baby in my belly makes it hard to count fluid pockets.  So he recounted like 5 times to make sure he didn't need to admit me into the hospital and get the baby delivered.  My doctors take fluid levels very seriously because they show how well my placenta is functioning and having had preeclampsia in the past, they are not going to wait around for my placenta to go wonky!  Anyways, everything was good after he rechecked, but I will keep doing my biweekly non-stress tests just to make sure everything is the way it should be.

Sorry there are no more pics of HeMac... baby is too big and too far down to get any head shots these days.  I have a few pics of his femur, but in my honest opinion, I don't think it's too interesting to look at or even post.


1 comment:

  1. He's almost here! So excited I can hardly stand it!

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD