Monday, January 23, 2012

first trip to L&D

or at least in this pregnancy. heh

I went to my perinatologist for my first non-stress test of the week.  And while the baby was moving around and had a great steady heartbeat in the 140s/150s, the test was non-reactive.  That means his heartbeat did not increase or decrease during times of movement.  Anyways, my doctor checked my fluid levels just to make sure that everything was okay (sure enough my levels had dropped some, but they were at an 8 which is still a good range) and decided that it would be best to send me to the hospital for additional monitoring to make sure that the baby wasn't have decelerations, which is when the baby's heart rate slows during movement.

It was hard going back to that place.  Walking through the doors of the hospital where I spent a very short time with my baby.  It was hard seeing all those sweet faces who took such good care of us.  It was hard to think that there could possibly be something wrong again.

Thankfully, everything looked alright and they sent me home.  Little man passed the stress test fairly quickly after I got hooked up.  I guess if anything it was nice to have a chance to reconnect and talk with the friendly nurses and doctors from the hospital... and of course it was also good to know that I have a little more time with this baby in my belly.  I am trying so hard to savor every moment with him like this even though it is my hope and prayer I will get to spend the rest of my life watching him grow up.

Trying to keep calm, but I am definitely anxious and a little bit scared.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Designed with love by BDD