Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I've graduated to...


For the last bit of my pregnancy, I am moving to heparin sodium shots twice a day.  It is similar to enoxaparin/Lovenox, however it has a half shelf life... meaning that each dosage wears out faster.  This is both a good thing and a bad thing.  If I were to go into labor, this means that it wouldn't take as long to get out of my system and I can either proceed with getting an epidural (or not) for a c-section or vbac, which is great!  It's bad because I have to take it more often so that I can keep me and our little guy protected from blood clots.  This means double the needles, double the sticking and double the bruising!  But in all honesty, it's really not that big of a deal any more and it is actually pretty exciting considering that it means I am nearing the end of my pregnancy, which means baby boy is almost here!  The only part that is kind of strange is that now I will have to fill my own syringes, which makes me SO nervous that I am going to do something wrong and completely over dose, but my doctor says he has complete faith in me since I have been giving myself lovenox injects just fine.  




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Designed with love by BDD