Wednesday, January 04, 2012

34 weeks

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 34 weeks (34 weeks 4 days by my Doctor's calendar)

Size of Baby: doc says he is about 4lbs 13oz which is in the 28th percentile.  So not big for all of you who are thinking "oh big baby"... lol just big mommy.

Total Weight Gain: 22lbs

Maternity Clothes: yes, yes, yes.

Gender: boy

Movement: he is still moving like crazy, but I can feel him running out of space.  I can also tell he has a little temper on him.  This kid gets really bent out of shape when he has the hiccups, which is several times a day. hehe

Sleep: not very much... I have been quite the insomniac this week and I have developed a ton of hip pain that makes it hard to get confortable.

What I Miss: looking down and seeing my feet! haha no, I'm okay with that ( I can still touch them too, thanks to yoga).  Just not being as comfortable is the main thing I miss.  I can't sit or stand for too long without cramping up in my back and sides.  I usually end up in child's pose or laying in bed a couple times a day just because I am so uncomfortable.

Cravings: none

Best Moment this Week: getting to see our growing boy on the screen.  I can't believe how big he is!  Also, getting a few more things together like diapers, wipes and washes.  Feels so weird that he could be here any day.  I have a few sewing projects left that I want to finish before he gets here, so I guess me and my sewing machine will be getting VERY friendly for a while.

Blood Pressure: my pressures have been in the 120s/70s thankfully.  My doctor is just so pleased (as am I) and I am just trying so hard to keep it going!

More on the Appointment with the Doctor:  Baby boy is still head down and he is low (not engaged though).  My perinatologist is really pumped about me attempting a vbac and he is even encouraging me at this point.  He said the baby's head circumference is favorable as is my previous c-section scarring.  There is ample fluid(right now) and so far there are no signs of preeclampsia.  He did say that upon the first sign of preeclampsia or even low fluid (indicator of placental issues) or no progression at 38 weeks he is scratching all of that and putting me in the hospital and then delivering me pretty quickly.  He wants me to have the best possible outcome and I am totally OKAY with that.  He is also planning on stopping the lovenox (yay!) but starting me on twice a day heparin (not so yay!), which means double the injections... OUCH!  This is done because there is no reverse for lovenox.  If I go into labor or need a c-section, they would not be able to give me an epidural with lovenox, however, with heparin, there is a reversing agent they can give me so that I could have all the benefits of an epidural.  So here I am... waiting and this little guy will probably be here sometime before week of January at the latest.  I see my OB on Monday and my Peri on Friday, so I will definitely know more by then.



Oh and here is a profile shot of his little chunky face.  The doctor forgot to print out the 3d pics, but I figure I can use my imagination and wait a little while to see him again( I will probably get another ultrasound next friday anyways, so oh well).




4 comments:

  1. Yay!!! He does look like he's settling in really low. Can't wait to meet my nephew!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I waited on pins and needles all morning Friday for your update and the report just made my day! I think you better pack your bag soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see those chubby cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Soooooo excited!!!

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD