Thursday, November 24, 2011

28 weeks

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 28 weeks and a few days


Size of Baby: well he weighed 2 lbs 1 oz at the doctor's last week, so I am assuming he is probably close to 2 lbs 3 oz now?

Total Weight Gain: 14lbs... I gasped when I stepped on the scale this morning at my doctors appointment. He did not at all seem concerned, but that's 4lbs in a 2 weeks which I just feel like a giant heifer for! I asked him what I should do about it and he said... "We'll talk about it after the baby is born safely". That made me feel a little sigh of relief. I mean, by no means does this give me a free pass to eat everything in sight, but it does mean that my doctor won't make me feel like crap since he knows I am trying my best.

Maternity Clothes: Yes

Gender: boy

Movement: I can tell that he is really low right now, so most of the movements I have been getting around under my belly button or close to my pelvis bone. I get little kicks and nudges down there all the time and I must say it's pretty weird. Every once in a while I will feel a wiggle above my belly button, but not very often. He must really enjoy being in that breech position. At my ultrasound today the first thing the doctor said was "So your son is moonwalking on your bladder right now"... I could totally feel it too!

Sleep: I have not been sleeping so well the past week, but I think it's because we have had visitors and I want to make sure I get as much time with them as possible. I am sure I will sleep more this week since all our guests have left. SAD FACE. As much as I love my sleep, I really enjoy having our parents around... SO nice!

What I Miss: running or being more active. I know I have said this for a few weeks now, but I truly do miss the feel of a good jog. My sciatic nerve has really been acting up, so sometimes it's even a strain to walk. I still average 3, 30 minute walks a day and I am keeping up with yoga, but it's becoming quite laborious and sometimes I am even dreading taking the dog for a walk.

Cravings: none

Best Moment this Week: hugging and loving on my mom and in-laws... also having the hubby around because he took the week off. Feels so good to have so much company and hugs!

Blood Pressure: for all the eating out I have been doing and sodium I have been taking in, my blood pressure has been pretty good. Still 110s-120s/70s. I am going on a fresh foods/low sodium diet for a few weeks to cleanse myself and maybe I will keep this good bp. No worries, I am not decreasing my caloric intake, just cutting out things like gravy and stuffing and replacing with steamed veggies and proteins.


my apologies that the photos are not from one photo shoot, but it was way too nice outside and the bump needed some beachy exercise!

1 comment:

  1. I love the updates. It was nice hugging on you last week. So proud of all you're doing!!
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD