Wednesday, February 04, 2015

weekly olive: twenty-four

How is this chunky cherub twenty-four weeks and nearly six months old? And seriously she is changing so quickly. 


Finally, she has started sleeping better.  For a while she was reverting back to her waking every two hour days and that was seriously no bueno.  We are still having trouble getting real naps out of her. She takes mini naps throughout the day, but if she can sleep at night, I can let the day sleep slide.

Last week we had a playdate with some of Olive's birth buddies and she randomly got up on her knees and started rocking.  That was the first time I had ever seen her do that.  She is also starting to try and army crawl.  I thought she would be slower to crawl than Noah, but she seems to be just barely behind him which is still totally normal.

Olive has also started getting more excited about solid foods.  We have had so many visitors in the last few weeks that I have been putting food tasting on hold, but she has grabbed my spoon on a couple occasions and shoveled whatever inside of her mouth.  She can't figure out how to chew and swallow, but seems really pleased with herself. I guess I have to start planning out her first foods meals.

We went ahead and had her six month checkup a little early while we were having Noah's 3 year checkup.  She weighed 13lbs and was 24 1/2 inches long! I thought for sure with all of those rolls she would have weighed at least 15lbs, but I guess they are playing tricks on us.

I can't believe how fast she is growing.  I want to stop time for just a little bit and savor what's going on.  She is so precious and sweet.  We are so lucky...










0 comments:

Post a Comment

Designed with love by BDD