Noah shared his birthday with Superbowl Sunday this year. We partied on anyways! We had originally planned to do something small and go to Disney Land, but the recent outbreak of measles and Olive not yet being vaccinated kind of put that plan on the back burner. So we decided to host a party at our house!
Keep reading if you want to see all the lovely details!
Invitation idea from Preparing for Peanut(s).
I found a lot of ideas on Pinterest. I wish I could have made more myself, but Jonathan's work brought him to Hong Kong while I was party planning so I basically had NO time to get into crafting mode. I found tons of supplies at the 99 cent store and through Amazon Prime.
Here were a few of the Construction Birthday Party elements:
-construction themed bounce house
-sand pits with construction trucks and sand toy play
-hammering station with floral foam and golf tees
-Home Depot aprons with wooden hammers in pockets (also the party favor)
I did have two projects that I did manage to fit into the party planning. I made Noah's birthday shirt which is a little tradition I want to try and keep up while he still loves everything I make for him. And I constructed a photo booth. This was more for me than for the party. We LOVE having people over and I usually try and set up a camera on a tripod to do some fun photo action. Since my camera was stolen, I decided to make do with our Ipad and bought a ZINK hAppy printer. I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning working on a booth box out of an Amazon Prime box. I will update more on that in another post, but seriously... it turned out great for a prototype and worked out well for the party!
We were really lucky to have friends take pictures at the party for us. I don't think they realize how much that meant to me especially since my camera was stolen. Anyways... I'll stop typing and you can enjoy the slideshow!

0 comments:
Post a Comment