Olive went a few days early for her 2 month check-up. She weighed 9 1/2 lbs and was 21 inches long. That puts her in the 12th percentile for weight and the 7th for height. I'm going to admit that I was a little bummed that she wasn't bigger. She nurses all the time and has a billion dirty diapers all day long, so in my mind I felt like she should have at least been 11lbs. Oh well... she's just about on Noah's growth curve... guess that's the way my babies grow.
While she visited her pediatrician she also received her next round of vaccines. She wasn't very happy about it, but she got through them like a champ. Interestingly enough, a photographer from the LA Times was there interviewing Olive's pediatrician and photographed us during the appointment for an article being written about vaccinations. I wasn't interviewed or anything, but it will be interesting to see if Miss Olive makes it into the paper!
Really this week has been a big changer for Olive. She is starting to be awake more often and want to be engaged with a person during her awake times. She started REALLY socially smiling. She is now cooing, grunting and making even more funny noises than before.
She is starting to sleep better. I got a 5 hour stretch the other night and then a few 4 hour stretches. She wakes up in the morning with a big big grin, so I am thinking she might be the most morning person in our house!
She loves bath and shower time. She likes her big brother. She still hates the car. Basically she is really letting us know her likes and dislikes at this stage.
We haven't seen much rolling action yet. She has rolled a few times, but I think they were more accidental. I think she isn't rolling really because we aren't giving her enough floor/belly time. I am very hesitant to let her lay around while Noah is awake. Even though he is usually very gentle with her and shows affection. He is pretty clumsy and he could accidentally squish her or something. Anyways, I am totally not worried... I would actually prefer to delay her mobility milestones if at all possible so that I can catch my breath.
Can't believe she's going to be two months old in just a few days! Everything is going so so fast! Overall, she is such a delight. A very cuddly, happy and cute delight.

0 comments:
Post a Comment