My precious baby is going to school... I don't know how I'm even going to handle his first day which is TOMORROW.
I know he's ready. He's been asking when he could go to school for months and I've just been avoiding it like the plague. I'm a early childhood teacher for goodness sake... I've been on the other side of school. It's nothing bad!
I guess it's the idea that I fought so hard to bring him into this world and prayed daily (sometimes hourly) for his safety and protection that It's so hard to let go of him now. I hardly ever even get a sitter with the exception of close friends and family. It's the whole unknown... Something could happen and I won't be there for him. After all this?!?
But then again, I know how well this boy thrives independently and with learning from others. How he loves adventure and growth. He's going to have SO MUCH FUN! I just wish I could be with him all the time without being there all the time.
*sigh* crazy, I know. I need to get my act together because tomorrow is the big day and I really don't want to be caught ugly crying in front of a bunch of teachers.
Here goes nothing...

0 comments:
Post a Comment