How Far Along: 23 weeks!
Size of Baby: about the size of a grapefruit. Baby is about 1lb 4oz which is 50th percentile!!! She's growing great!
Total Weight Gain: 8lbs...It's not much but I am feeling more and more rotund as the days go on, so I'm sure I'll be gaining more in the upcoming weeks.
Maternity Clothes: I am excited to wear more and more maternity clothing... I forgot how comfy those soft banded pants are. Why did I ever go back to buttoning pants?
Gender: girlie!!!
Movement: yep yep yep. Little girl has been in a oblique (horizontal) position a lot lately. So I see her head poking out in one side but feel kicking on the other. It's pretty weird but she also flips around a lot and just seems pretty content doing uterine gymnastics.
Sleep: not much... Been having insane heartburn and insomnia. The heartburn is making me wake up multiple times in the night. Blah blah. I'm sure it will only get worse before it gets better.
What I Miss: just having a regular appetite.
Cravings: nothing really comes to mind. I have been getting pretty excited about our upcoming trip to Texas where I can have potbelly and lots of queso, but I would be excited about that even if I weren't pregnant.
I've started having the acid reflux combined with nausea. Yay... Wasn't so keen on that. Trying really hard to eat fresh fruits and veggies for the cravings but reflux really doesn't like that very much. Such a vicious cycle.
Best Moment this Week: Watching baby girl suck her thumb on the ultrasound. She just seems so cute! I hope she's our thumb sucker. We don't need another paci-aholic...
Blood Pressure: 120s/70s and not at all where I want it to be. Doctor assures me it's okay right now. He even approved me for travel for the next couple of weeks, but I'm uneasy. Hoping it's just nerves and not mothers intuition. Doctor did say he felt better about me traveling knowing that I would be in cities with good hospitals... Not sure how that makes me feel, but at least he's not so concerned that I can't go anywhere.
We haven't really started prepping the nursery or picking out names (so don't ask). We're waiting until I'm in the third trimester. Makes me feel more at ease...and gives me more time to get to know our little girl's personality.
I'm aware she looks kind of creepy in this pic because her nose is cut off, but our little lady kept pressing her face right into the ultrasound wand causing it to basically disappear. She definitely doesn't seem to be shy.
Here she is licking her thumb and smiling about it.






0 comments:
Post a Comment