Friday, May 30, 2014

nugget: twenty-six weeks



Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along:
26 weeks


Size of Baby: about the size of a head of lettuce. Her estimated weight is about 1lb 14oz which is just a little under 50th percentile for weight so that's great!

Total Weight Gain: 13lbs

Maternity Clothes: yep... although I am not liking the way anything looks on me right now. Little girl is mostly laying transverse and I look SO wide at times, but not terribly pregnant from the profile. Just does a number on my hips.

Gender: GIRL GIRL GIRL

Movement: she spins in circles and I feel her really really low and sideways (obviously... hence the transverse comment above). My MFM was concerned about how low she was lying and did a cervical ultrasound just to make sure my cervix wasn't thinning prematurely. Thankfully all was well. I must just have a pit of a womb or something where she can get really low and comfy.

Sleep: Still so tired, but managing to get things done. Although I have been going to bed when Noah goes to bed a lot of the time.

What I Miss: nothing right now.

Cravings: fresh fruits and veggies this week. I think all of that tasty food from last week made me crave healthier food this week. I've been having quinoa salads for lunch every day.

Best Moment this Week: seeing the little lady on the ultrasound today. It was such a relief that she is growing the way she is supposed to be.

Blood Pressure: 120s/70s... doctor said he's glad my blood pressure is doing well, but that he's not afraid to put me on hospital bed rest if it doesn't stay put. I don't even know why he jumped straight to hospital bed rest, but I'm guessing because of my history he won't mess around.

These next few weeks are pretty nerve wracking for me. Mason was born at 30 weeks, but he had stopped growing in my 26th week. He had been measuring great throughout my pregnancy so it was a complete shock when I went in to my next appointment with high blood pressure and a super small baby. That's really how it went down... no real symptoms. It was frustrating to me because I wasn't eating crazy or having cravings or anything and all of a sudden I had swollen up everywhere and had blood pressures soaring into the 140s/90s and 100s. A lot of people act like it's not a big deal any more since I am high risk and seeing a specialist, but all that means is that he's watching me more closely if something were to be happening... he isn't a magician and he can't prevent preeclampsia. It really sucks to be going through all of these appointments and giving myself shots daily and still know that the risk is there. It's down right terrifying. I could change every aspect of my lifestyle and still get sick and worse yet, little lady would suffer greatly from all of that womb trauma. I desperately want to get past 30 weeks and then focus on the rest of my pregnancy. I'm praying for peace, rest, low blood pressure and this sweet baby girl.



1 comment:

  1. I love seeing the ultrasound pics and your belly! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD