Thursday, May 15, 2014

nugget: twenty-four weeks


Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 24 weeks!  We have hit viability! This is a huge milestone because doctors will now take life saving measures should I have to deliver past this point.  I don't anticipate this by any means.  We (lil lady and myself) seem to be doing well, but with my history doctors always make it a point to tell me that making it to this point is a huge deal.  My next big goal is 30 weeks.  That's 6 weeks away folks! That week is pretty important since that's the week that we delivered and lost sweet Mason.  If I can make it past that point I will feel much more relieved... even though anything can happen at any stage, just getting through those goals will help me the tiniest bit of relief.
Size of Baby: about the size of a cantaloupe!

Total Weight Gain: 8lbs to 10lbs.

Maternity Clothes: My belly is looking mega weird this week.  Her position is so out front that my belly looks like it's sticking out far, but it's not as wide as the rest of my body, so it's not proportionate? I don't even know what I am saying, but seriously... looks like a Buddha belly or something. Anyways, I have been wearing mostly maternity shorts since it's been hot as crap recently.  This would be fine except my belly isn't really big enough to hold up the maternity band (I don't know how that's possible by looking at the photo, but it's true).   So basically I spend all day going back and forth from high waisted to saggy shorts.  It's oh so attractive!

Gender: GIRL GIRL GIRL

Movement: She's everywhere, but she really likes to hang out front and low low low.

Sleep: I have been so exhausted that I have been passing out very early in the evenings and then waking up before either Noah or Jonathan are up.  Still finding myself exhausted midday, but I am getting more things done around the house these days.

What I Miss:  nothing really except for sleep.

Cravings: nothing really comes to mind.

Best Moment this Week: Just feeling this little thing bumping along.  She seems to be extremely active (lucky me).  It doesn't bother me though.  Only makes me more thankful to be carrying a baby that is easier to keep on eye on.

Blood Pressure: 120s/70s.  At times I feel like it should be much higher, but whenever I take it, it seems to hover around the same numbers.  I would LOVVVVE it, if that just kept up for a while longer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Designed with love by BDD