Monday, March 03, 2014

monthly noah: twenty-five


It's crazy how this short month has show so much change in such a little guy. Noah had visits from both sets of grandparents and then last weekend he had the opportunity to be co- ring bearer in my cousin's wedding. I was really nervous that he wouldn't walk down the isle, but with a little distraction and coaxing from his big cousin Liam... he made it! There were some bumps along the way (like he fell down... TWICE) but it happened and he had a blast!

I can't even believe how much this boy talks these days! And some of it is just out of left field. The other day we were sitting at lunch and he started coughing after drinking some water. I tried not to make a deal of it because unless it's something to worry about I don't want to be up in his face about every little thing. So I noticed but didn't say anything and he looked up at me and said "Mommy are you choking? Mommy are you choking? Choking? Choking?" So I replied "no, I'm not choking" And then he looked at me and said "what about me?" hahahaha. I just couldn't stop laughing. He wanted ME to check up on him and wanted to talk about it too. He has done it on several different occasions every time asking me questions until I ask him a question so that he can give me the answer. It's pretty comical. He is also singing ALL the time. He is on a Christmas kick... every night when he goes to sleep he says "Mommy, I want jingle bells" and he will keep at it until I turn on the Pandora Christmas station. Then all throughout the day I hear him singing Jingle Bells, Frosty the Snowman and any other song he can remember. It is really sweet, but kind of starting to drive me crazy. I would cut him off, but seriously he learned so many words and sings so much now that I don't want to discourage him! I know... I am such a pushover.

Noah's sleep and eat schedule is still the same. He has been having trouble sleeping, but I blame that on the 2 hour time difference he has been adjusting to since we left Dallas. He basically went back to normal as soon as we got back to LA, but I do notice a lot of resistance.

We have recently been working on behavior issues.  Since I was a kindergarten teacher before having kids, I find myself really pushing that Noah pick up on a lot of the manners and traits his future teachers will appreciate.  I can't help it... it's preprogramed into my brain.  Anyways, we practice using pleases and thank yous, lots of looking at someone's eyes when they are talking and active listening.  It drives me CRAZY when I cannot get him to focus for more than one second (even though I am totally aware that for his age that is normal) it is just one of those things that cannot let go of.  I think in the next upcoming month I am going to start using a sort of at home curriculum with him.  He is doing great with picking up on numbers, abcs, rhyming and concepts of print, but that's not my primary focus right now... it's more about him picking up on how to be a little human with manners and just over all understanding of how things should go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Designed with love by BDD